Senior Knowledge Management Officer
Full-time – The Hague, the Netherlands
Change the world by setting up and improving our knowledge management framework. OPCW needs an experienced KM professional like you to build strategic awareness and promote cultural change.
Knowledge management: The job
An efficient and good knowledge management framework accelerates KM ambitions, improves knowledge retention and supports the planning and implementation of increased intra- and interdivision cooperation. We already know what we want, the only question is how do we make this work? This is where you come in. As an experienced Senior Knowledge Management Officer you will lead us in the implementation and ongoing support in changing the world with our knowledge management framework.
Besides changing the way we work, other responsibilities include:
- Building strategic awareness and promoting cultural change in support of knowledge management by developing a culture that encourages “ask-learn-share” behaviours and by participating in internal communication initiatives to make our vision a reality.
- Managing the implementation of our knowledge management framework to support improved knowledge management within our organisation and with partners.
- Ensuring that the knowledge framework is effective, relevant and uses our resources efficiently through management, negotiation with stakeholders, monitoring and regular reporting and implementing of changes.
- Coordinating knowledge networking by building networks between OPCW and sources of global expertise in chemical weapons.
- Managing the KM functions of OPCW by developing an annual work plan, monitoring compliance and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
Achieving high-level results; this is who you are
Our ideal candidate has high-level leadership skills and provides others with clear direction. You motivate others and speak up where and when needed. You quickly build relationships with your outgoing and persuasive communication style. The job requires you to be clear-sighted and able to handle multiple tight deadlines. Excellent organisational and planning skills are important while trying out innovative approaches and insights. In addition, you are able to engage in informative formal public speaking.
- You have an advanced university degree in a knowledge-management related discipline or in Social Sciences, Public Administration or International Relations.
- You are qualified in information structuring and supporting tools and techniques, and are able to influence, persuade and mobilise agreement and action on complex issues.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in knowledge management areas, including several years of experience in management or delivery experience.
- You have experience in coordination and cooperation in an international environment, such as engineering, military or a diplomatic context.
- You master the English language, both verbally and in written form, and have a good working knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish.
Working at OPCW
The OPCW culture features a high level of confidentiality and integrity. You will work in a multicultural and technical environment with challenging activities every day.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary (120,248k annually with dependants, 113,441k annually without dependants).
- Great secondary benefits such as rental subsidy, dependency allowance, Repatriation Grant, Education Grant and home leave.
- Travel and removal arrangements.
- The possibility to make the world a better place, without chemical weapons.
Do you have what it takes?
Would you like to help make the world a better place, free of chemical weapons? Upload your CV and covering letter by using the ‘Apply’ button.
The application procedure will include automated video pre-screening, a written test, a behavioural assessment and a final interview.
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, OPCW for short, is the implementing body of the Chemical Weapons Convention. Nowadays OPCW has 192 Member States, working together and cooperating to achieve a world free of chemical weapons. Our goal is to prevent the use of chemistry for warfare. Achieving this, international security will be strengthened.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, The Hague, Knowledge management, Social Sciences, Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, coordinator.